From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] acroread woes
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:00:05
1 On Wednesday 23 July 2014 14:48:08 James wrote:
2
3 > I also run "noscript" on my browsers now (very cool!). I do not consider it
4 > a problem, when I have to click a button or 2 to allow something
5 > that noscript has identified and filtered as a possilbe point
6 > of caution. I like noscript and have little desire to permanently
7 > disable it, so suggestions must work reasonable well with noscript too.
8
9 I used to run noscript, and was often annoyed and frustrated on e-commerce
10 sites when a page refused to load. I'd have to tell the script (!) to allow
11 this new site, then go back and try again, which often required more data
12 input - or even starting again from scratch.
13
14 Nowadays I have "yesscript", which claims to be more intelligent about
15 blocking scripts. You might like to give it a whirl.
18 Regards
19 Peter