From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: netcat and libmix.so.0 curiosity
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:05:46
1 On 01/23/2012 05:25 AM, Mervyn Hammer wrote:
2 > Would anyone be able to help me understand the following curiosity?
3 >
4 > I installed =net-analyzer/netcat-110-r8 (USE="crypt ipv6 -static")
5 > without apparent problem but running it produced:
6 >
7 > "nc: error while loading shared libraries: libmix.so.0: cannot open
8 > shared object file: No such file or directory."
9 >
10 > A quick check of emerge.log showed dev-libs/libmix-2.05-r5 installed
11 > without error, so I ran a deep world update followed by a --depclean
12 > and revdep-debuild: revdep-rebuild identified a broken dependency
13 > for netcat and reinstalled it automatically (same version), stating
14 > that the breakage had been rectified. Re-running revdep-rebuild,
15 > however, revealed that the problem still existed. I unmerged both
16 > libmix and netcat and re-emerged them (libmix first). Neither
17 > complained and logs show nothing of note. After unmerging and
18 > re-emerging both libmix and netcat (libmix first) revdep-rebuild no
19 > longer found a broken dependency for netcat. Still, however, netcat
20 > gave the same error (above). I temporarily "fixed" the problem by
21 > creating a symlink (/usr/lib/libmix.so.0 -> /usr/lib/libmix.so)
22 > to give netcat what it says it is looking for but this feels like a hack
23 > for some that I would presume should work cleanly by design.
24
25 Very strange indeed. I just installed both packages and I have no
26 libmix.so.0 either, yet everything works.
27
28 No idea what's causing your problem, but I agree it's a problem I'd
29 want to solve. I'd try running ldconfig -p and lddtree /usr/bin/nc
30 to see where the .0 is coming from. (lddtree is from pax-utils).