From: Felix Kuperjans <felix@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: netcat and libmix.so.0 curiosity
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:14:49
1 Am 23.01.2012 23:03, schrieb walt:
2 > On 01/23/2012 05:25 AM, Mervyn Hammer wrote:
3 >> Would anyone be able to help me understand the following curiosity?
4 >>
5 >> I installed =net-analyzer/netcat-110-r8 (USE="crypt ipv6 -static")
6 >> without apparent problem but running it produced:
7 >>
8 >> "nc: error while loading shared libraries: libmix.so.0: cannot open
9 >> shared object file: No such file or directory."
10 >>
11 >> A quick check of emerge.log showed dev-libs/libmix-2.05-r5 installed
12 >> without error, so I ran a deep world update followed by a --depclean
13 >> and revdep-debuild: revdep-rebuild identified a broken dependency
14 >> for netcat and reinstalled it automatically (same version), stating
15 >> that the breakage had been rectified. Re-running revdep-rebuild,
16 >> however, revealed that the problem still existed. I unmerged both
17 >> libmix and netcat and re-emerged them (libmix first). Neither
18 >> complained and logs show nothing of note. After unmerging and
19 >> re-emerging both libmix and netcat (libmix first) revdep-rebuild no
20 >> longer found a broken dependency for netcat. Still, however, netcat
21 >> gave the same error (above). I temporarily "fixed" the problem by
22 >> creating a symlink (/usr/lib/libmix.so.0 -> /usr/lib/libmix.so)
23 >> to give netcat what it says it is looking for but this feels like a hack
24 >> for some that I would presume should work cleanly by design.
25 > Very strange indeed. I just installed both packages and I have no
26 > libmix.so.0 either, yet everything works.
27 >
28 > No idea what's causing your problem, but I agree it's a problem I'd
29 > want to solve. I'd try running ldconfig -p and lddtree /usr/bin/nc
30 > to see where the .0 is coming from. (lddtree is from pax-utils).
31 I ran into this problem some time ago, it seems the ebuild
32 dev-libs/libmix-2.05-r5 is broken. It does no longer create a symlink
33 from libmix.so.0 to libmix.so.
34
35 I found two solutions:
36 1. Creating the symlink manually
37 2. Using the unstable version of libmix, dev-libs/libmix-2.05-r6, the
38 problem disappears because the programs (as soon as they are recompiled)
39 directly link against libmix.so. The symlink won't be created either,
40 but is unnecessary with this version.
41
42 I chose the second option, first upgrading libmix and afterwards
43 revdep-rebuild (in my case, it detected the problem, otherwise just
44 reemerge netcat).
45
46 Maybe it would be a good idea to stable the new libmix version...
47
48 Regards,
49 Felix