From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 01:16:00
1 On 161229-05:13-0500, Tom H wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
4 > >>
5 > There are two ways to ensure that you always have the kernel's names:
6 >
7 > 1) Add "net.ifnames=0" to the kernel cmdline
8 I use that all the time.
9
10 Of course, I don't use the below, no poetterware in my machine:
11 > 2) Override "NamePolicy=..." in "/lib/systemd/network/99-default.link"
12 > with "NamePolicy=kernel" in "/etc/systemd/network/99-default.link".
15 But I respect if anybody else wants it, let them have it, just, allow
16 free speech, as you, _mostly_, do, id est, to tell people unintrusively
17 what that SystemDisaster is...
18
19 And, I've been following this discussion, and firmly on the side which
20 wants to keep Gentoo in the beautiful Unix tradition, but...
21
22 I was wondering, since to get a reply about the original question is
23 pretty difficult
24 (
25 not all being open and available to know about it? Mozilla itself
26 actually uncertain about alsa/pulse in its future? whatever, cannot
27 spend anymore time on it, I moved, see below...
28 )
29 , and maybe 3 percent of the text in the thread was on topic
30 (
31 which is still:
32 from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0
33 )
34 and the rest was about other matters...
35
36 I was wondering why hasn't anybody finally changed that subject line. Some of
37 the emails of the thread are fine information, but like this, they are
38 completely misplaced on principle which is, the principle: the subject
39 line should be what the emails in a thread are about... And in this
40 thread they are not well over 90% of the emails!
41
42 (
43 I changed the subject line
44 when I departed, and the threat of imposition of Pulseaudio to Linux
45 users of Firefox has resulted in Pale Moon having a happy users and a
46 supporter, Mozilla, you should not have insisted on that stupid
47 impositions!...
48
49 My split thread subject lines are:
50 Reading the (SSL) traffic with Pale Moon
51 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/320799
52 ( Message-ID: <20161218055009.GA11155@×××.xdwgrp> )
53 and
54 Pale Moon Air-Gapped portage EAPI 6 Install
55 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/321074
56 ( Message-ID: <20161223043823.GA9835@×××.xdwgrp> )
57 )
58
59 Thanks again to our developers who keep to the matchless Unix tradition,
60 and allow such great choice in Gentoo (also to the other, poetterware
61 side, as in choice, if you will)!
64 Miroslav Rovis
65 Zagreb, Croatia
66 http://www.CroatiaFidelis.hr