From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 02:23:35
1 On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Miroslav Rovis
2 <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr> wrote:
3 >
4 > Thanks again to our developers who keep to the matchless Unix tradition,
5 > and allow such great choice in Gentoo (also to the other, poetterware
6 > side, as in choice, if you will)!
9 Well, the intent is to allow as much choice either way, though
10 sometimes upstream constraints get in the way of that. As long as
11 somebody is willing to do the work necessary to keep a choice
12 reasonably viable we're not going to turn it away. While we differ in
13 our preferences this is what ultimately unites us the most, IMO.
16 Rich