From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splash for laptop
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 00:26:49
1 On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 15:44 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > Hi folks:
3 >
4 > I have a laptop with a 1440x900 display panel and I would really like to
5 > use the Gentoo2006 (honeycomb) theme for my splash. How do I convert /
6 > modify / whatever the graphic to be able to be used on my big display.
7
8 Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
9
10 "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
11 certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
12 extension your frame buffer device does."
13
14 It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
15 tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now "standard"!
16
17 [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
18
19 HTH,
23 Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
24 -- Frank Tyger
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list