From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] splash for laptop
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:10:54
2 > Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
3 >
4 > "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
5 > certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
6 > extension your frame buffer device does."
7 >
8 > It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
9 > tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now
10 "standard"!
11 >
12 > [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
13 >
14 > HTH,
15 > --
16 [Timothy A. Holmes]
17
18 Iain - I had missed that - the copy of the wiki article I have was
19 printed some time ago, so It may have been added later or (quite
20 possibly) I just plain missed it - thanks
21
22 TIM
25 Timothy A. Holmes
26 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
27
28 Medina Christian Academy
29 A Higher Standard...
30