From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] splash for laptop
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:29:42
1 On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:04 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
4 > >
5 > > "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
6 > > certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
7 > > extension your frame buffer device does."
8 > >
9 > > It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
10 > > tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now
11 > "standard"!
12 > >
13 > > [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
14
15 > Iain - I had missed that - the copy of the wiki article I have was
16 > printed some time ago, so It may have been added later or (quite
17 > possibly) I just plain missed it - thanks
18
19 so for the record, does that mean you got it to work, or you didn't get
20 it to work? Did you try making your own resolution-ed framebuffer
21 image?
25 Always think of something new; this helps you forget your last rotten idea.
26 -- Seth Frankel
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list