From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] splash for laptop
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:57:51
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Iain Buchanan [mailto:iaindb@××××××××××××.au]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:18 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] splash for laptop
6 >
7 > On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:04 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
8 > > >
9 > > > Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
10 > > >
11 > > > "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
12 > > > certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
13 > > > extension your frame buffer device does."
14 > > >
15 > > > It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I
16 haven't
17 > > > tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now
18 > > "standard"!
19 > > >
20 > > > [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
21 >
22 > > Iain - I had missed that - the copy of the wiki article I have was
23 > > printed some time ago, so It may have been added later or (quite
24 > > possibly) I just plain missed it - thanks
25 >
26 > so for the record, does that mean you got it to work, or you didn't
27 get
28 > it to work? Did you try making your own resolution-ed framebuffer
29 > image?
30 > --
31 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
32 >
33 > Always think of something new; this helps you forget your last rotten
34 > idea.
35 > -- Seth Frankel
36 >
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
39 [Timothy A. Holmes]
42 Iain:
43
44 I have not gotten it to work, simply because I haven't had time to try
45 -- I got to work this morning to face a MOUNTAIN of projects and 4
46 classes to teach :) I will be working on it later on (when later on is,
47 im no sure)
48
49 I tried in the past to resize the image in gimp, and the image came
50 through, but was badly distored (colors) In that case I had used the
51 2004 splash (I think it was) -- I tried that a couple months ago
52
53 TIM
54
55 Timothy A. Holmes
56 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
57
58 Medina Christian Academy
59 A Higher Standard...
60