From: Maxim Eremeev <maxim_eremeev@×××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can smbmount handle long passwords?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:19:05
1 On 13 October 2006 00:36, Pawel Kraszewski wrote:
2 > Well, I might be wrong, but I think Windoze has a limit of 14 characters in
3 > passsword (two 7 character pieces to be exact). I didn't try, but it seems
4 > that pass might be truncated at 14th character... So try logging in with 14
5 > first characters of your password (or maybe 14 last - who knows the paths
6 > of Bill)
7
8 Actually, it has no relations to any windows limitations. The samba server is
9 on a Gentoo box and the machine I try smbmount on is a Gentoo box as well. As
10 a matter of fact I do have a windows PC, and it can reach the samba share
11 with no problem at all. It is definitely smbmount bug (as I've mentioned
12 already smbclient works perfectly well.
13 In any case thanks for trying to help :) It seems that there is nobody else on
14 the list who is interested in the bug.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list