From: Pawel Kraszewski <Gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can smbmount handle long passwords?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:41:00
1 Dnia czwartek, 12 pa¼dziernika 2006 21:13, Maxim Eremeev napisa³:
2
3 > Due to a little bit of paranoia I have found an interesting, though rather
4 > annoying, bug in smbmount. If a samba user's password is longer than 23
5 > chars, smbmount just cannot deal with it, producing the following error:
6
7 Well, I might be wrong, but I think Windoze has a limit of 14 characters in
8 passsword (two 7 character pieces to be exact). I didn't try, but it seems
9 that pass might be truncated at 14th character... So try logging in with 14
10 first characters of your password (or maybe 14 last - who knows the paths of
11 Bill)
12
13 HTH
16 Pawel Kraszewski