From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Process on server, print on client
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:45:32
1 > > I'm currently processing orders one by one and I'd like to increase
2 > > automation. I'm currently submitting an order number from my
3 > > desktop to my server via firefox, and manually opening and printing
4 > > the resultant receipt and shipping label. How would you guys
5 > > suggest I set this up to batch so that I can process all orders
6 > > with one click and have the resultant receipts and shipping labels
7 > > print
8 > > automatically, all at once? The printing part is what I'm having
9 > > difficulty conceptualizing because I do all of my programming on
10 > > the server side and the printing needs to happen on the client
11 > > side. Not sure how to get those two working together. Both
12 > > systems run Gentoo.
13 >
14 > Printing always on the same client? That's easy. CUPS can print over
15 > the network. Configure a queue for that client on the server.
16
17 What if Cox changes my IP? The ServerName directive in client.conf on
18 my server won't be pointing to the right place in that case. Any way
19 to allow for that?
20
21 - Grant
22 --