From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How do I modify work list of emerge --resume?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:50:03
1 emerge --resume --skipfirst
2
3 seems to be doing what I need.
4
5 Sorry for the distraction
6
7 - Mark
8
9 On 9/10/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
10 > Hi,
11 > I was 8 hours through the emerge -eav world part of upgrading gcc
12 > when it hit the pysol package it's not happy with. The messages are
13 > telling me I need to recompile python with Tkinter support and asked
14 > me to add dev/lang/python X tk to package.use, which I did. However
15 > emerge --resume won't go back and recompile python at this point and
16 > if I start over it's a 575 package compile job and I was already
17 > through about 200 of the packages.
18 >
19 > Is there any way to get python updated and then to resume the
20 > remaining 375 packages where I am currently stopped?
21 >
22 > Can I somehow save the file emerge --resume is currently using,
23 > emerge python with the changes, and then put the current worl list
24 > back in?
25 >
26 > Better yet, can I somehow remove pysol from the list so the emerge
27 > --resume just stoarts from the next package?
28 >
29 > Thanks,
30 > Mark
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list