From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.1
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:53:47
1 080828 Roy Wright wrote:
2 > if I understand correctly, then main reason for Qt 4 is
3 > that KDE apps sb able to run on other OSes, eg Windoze.
4
5 Yes, that's good ! -- the way to get M$ofties to use free software is
6 to offer them our desktops & apps, st the Windows OS gets orphaned.
7
8 > I tried Dolphin on a Kubuntu system,
9 > IMO it is a giant step backwards from Konqueror, eg no fish:// .
10
11 Krusader is very good for using Ssh on a remote machine.
12 Its devs are planning a 2.0 to match KDE 4.x .
13
14 > Also from what I gather KDE 4.1 is another developer release
15 > with 4.2 target as the first user (usable?) release.
16
17 The KDE devs have been very apologetic re not warning enough for 4.0 .
18 IIRC 4.2 is predicted for early 2009 & should have more functions restored.
19
20 > the nvidia binary drivers still have major performance issues with KDE4.
21 > This is a show stopper for me.
22
23 Me too.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca