From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a usb Demo Disk
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:01:32
1 > Is there a way to install a program that runs on Gentoo on a usb stick?
2 >  I would like to be able to booted to the usb stick and run the program
3 > in a Gentoo environment?  Basically I would like to make a demo disk
4 > with the program and just enough of the OS so it works.
5 >
6 > I think the answer lies somewhere between making a liveusb and stage 4.
7
8 * Install Gentoo onto usb drive.
9 * Use a kernel with lots of device support so it will work in
10 different systems (genkernel maybe), make sure it has support for your
11 filesystem, USB drivers and SCSI disk support compiled in.
12 * Add a rootdelay as a kernel parameter
13 * Install your program before leaving the chroot
14 * Profit
15
16 :)
20 Kyle