From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a usb Demo Disk
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:46:06
1 Kyle Bader wrote:
2 >> Is there a way to install a program that runs on Gentoo on a usb stick?
3 >> I would like to be able to booted to the usb stick and run the program
4 >> in a Gentoo environment? Basically I would like to make a demo disk
5 >> with the program and just enough of the OS so it works.
6 >>
7 >> I think the answer lies somewhere between making a liveusb and stage 4.
8 >
9 > * Install Gentoo onto usb drive.
10 > * Use a kernel with lots of device support so it will work in
11 > different systems (genkernel maybe), make sure it has support for your
12 > filesystem, USB drivers and SCSI disk support compiled in.
13 > * Add a rootdelay as a kernel parameter
14 > * Install your program before leaving the chroot
15 > * Profit
16 >
17 > :)
18 >
19 That sound easy enough, I'll give it a try.
20
21 Thanks