From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.6.5-r1 'Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap'
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:21:34
1 On 12/12/2009, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 12/12/2009 03:14 PM, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> ...
5 >> I have had mouse, keyboard and synaptics along with evdev in my
6 >> INPUT_DEVICES and have emerged relative drivers. I am now going to
7 >> remove them and see what gives.
8 >
9 > I know nothing about the synaptics driver, so be careful about deleting
10 > it. Maybe rename it instead of deleting it?
11
12 Nope, unmerged it and deleted it from make.conf, then when I emerged
13 xf86-video-ati and evdev all other drivers (mouse, keyboard,
14 synaptics) were brought in as well.
17 >> I am not clear which /etc/hal/fdi/policy/* files I should have in
18 >> there ... any ideas?
19 >
20 > That depends on what hardware you have -- a lot of the stuff that once
21 > went into xorg.conf can be put in an fdi file now.
22 >
23 > Here is an example:
24
25 Thanks for that.
26
27 I tried the startx trick. I recall that this would launch my WM
28 (fluxbox), but now all I get is an X session with twm! Has something
29 changed with /etc/rc.conf? Where should I specify fluxbox?
30
31 No /var/log/xdm.log or other errors were there this time. Trying to
32 start xdm and I keep getting the same old errors:
33
34 XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server (:0.0)
35
36 and
37
38 (EE) XKB: No components provided for device Virtual core keyboard.
39
40 I am running out of things to try now. I don't have a recent enough
41 back up otherwise I would roll back this bad experience.
42 --
43 Regards,
44 Mick