From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.6.5-r1 'Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap'
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:59:06
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On 12/12/2009, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 12/12/2009 03:14 PM, Mick wrote:
7 >>> ...
8 >>> I have had mouse, keyboard and synaptics along with evdev in my
9 >>> INPUT_DEVICES and have emerged relative drivers. I am now going to
10 >>> remove them and see what gives.
11 >>>
12 >> I know nothing about the synaptics driver, so be careful about deleting
13 >> it. Maybe rename it instead of deleting it?
16 > Nope, unmerged it and deleted it from make.conf, then when I emerged
17 > xf86-video-ati and evdev all other drivers (mouse, keyboard,
18 > synaptics) were brought in as well.
21 >>> I am not clear which /etc/hal/fdi/policy/* files I should have in
22 >>> there ... any ideas?
23 >>>
24 >> That depends on what hardware you have -- a lot of the stuff that once
25 >> went into xorg.conf can be put in an fdi file now.
26 >>
27 >> Here is an example:
30 > Thanks for that.
31 >
32 > I tried the startx trick. I recall that this would launch my WM
33 > (fluxbox), but now all I get is an X session with twm! Has something
34 > changed with /etc/rc.conf? Where should I specify fluxbox?
35 >
36 > No /var/log/xdm.log or other errors were there this time. Trying to
37 > start xdm and I keep getting the same old errors:
38 >
39 > XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server (:0.0)
40 >
41 > and
42 >
43 > (EE) XKB: No components provided for device Virtual core keyboard.
44 >
45 > I am running out of things to try now. I don't have a recent enough
46 > back up otherwise I would roll back this bad experience.
49 I haven't been following this thread a whole lot but this may help. Do
50 a emerge -epv world and see if you see any changes there. It may be a
51 USE flag change or it may be something else that you notice. It's just
52 a pretend so it shouldn't take but a few minutes. May need to use
53 'less' or 'more' to scroll through the output easier.
54
55 I hope that shows something that will help.
56
57 Dale
58