From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild and gcj
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:50:33
1 On Wednesday 24 January 2007 16:01, John Blinka wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > [In the spirit of the immortal words uttered by the young junior
4 > > Vogon]:
7 > > Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm,....... with vi?
8 > >
9 > > alan
10 >
11 > Sheeesh.... I've never looked at the innards of a .la file -
12 > assumed that, since they were located in .../lib directories, they
13 > contained mysterious binary information which couldn't be manipulated
14 > with an ordinary text editor. Now that I've looked, I'm
15 > embarrassed! Well, thanks for teaching me something.
16
17 Guess what? I did the same thing two months ago :-) After years of
18 working with the stuff I'd never ever had reason to look inside a .la
19 and it was only when I hovered over one in Konqueror I saw it was plain
20 text
21
22 Go figure!
23