From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: inkscape emerge
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 20:20:16
1 On 2011-10-07, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I read somewhere that inkscape (in portage)
6 >> can open and allow some manipulation of
7 >> Visio files. Anyone got any experience
8 >> with inkscape and visio files?
9 >
10 > Haven't messed with visio files in years, and then only with Visio.
13 >> Emerging inkscape, it required 12 new packages
14 >> to be install too. What must I do to ensure that
15 >> when I unemerge ??inkscape, the other 12 packages
16 >> are also removed?
17 >
18 > Roughly speaking,
19 >
20 > emerge -p --depclean
21 >
22 > will show you what packages are installed which you didn't explicitly
23 > ask for, and which are no longer depended upon by any
24 > explicitly-selected packages.
25
26 [...]
27
28 > Remove the -p to have portage go ahead and try to remove them. (But
29 > you might see something you want to have remain, which is why you
30 > should use -p first)
31
32 If you do see packages that you want to keep, but aren't required by
33 anything else, you can manually add them to your "world" file (usually
34 /var/lib/portage/world) to protect them from removal by "emerge
35 --depclean" in the future. IIRC, I had to do that to keep portage from
36 removing Python 2 a while back.
39 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! PUNK ROCK!! DISCO
40 at DUCK!! BIRTH CONTROL!!
41 gmail.com