From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] inkscape emerge
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:39:45
1 On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I read somewhere that inkscape (in portage)
5 > can open and allow some manipulation of
6 > Visio files. Anyone got any experience
7 > with inkscape and visio files?
8
9 Haven't messed with visio files in years, and then only with Visio.
12 > Emerging inkscape, it required 12 new packages
13 > to be install too. What must I do to ensure that
14 > when I unemerge  inkscape, the other 12 packages
15 > are also removed?
16
17 Roughly speaking,
18
19 emerge -p --depclean
20
21 will show you what packages are installed which you didn't explicitly
22 ask for, and which are no longer depended upon by any
23 explicitly-selected packages.
24
25 So, say you install package A, and it depends on new packages B and C.
26 When you uninstall package A, packages B and C remain. When you use
27 --depclean, portage will see that B and C are installed, but aren't
28 required by anything.
29
30 Remove the -p to have portage go ahead and try to remove them. (But
31 you might see something you want to have remain, which is why you
32 should use -p first)
35 :wq