From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Selecting a particular svn version to emerge on 9999 ebuilds
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 08:44:39
1 Hi All,
2
3 I am trying to troubleshoot e17 which on one laptop recently started shutting
4 down the monitor backlight when the WM starts. I can't recover from it,
5 Ctrl+Alt+F1 is also showing a black screen, stopping X does not fix it and the
6 only solution is to shutdown again. Thankfully I use startx so I can always
7 boot back into a console. <phew!>
8
9 I want to find out which version this started happening from, but with portage
10 9999 ebuilds I am not sure how to specify which version I want all the e17
11 packages to download and install from svn.
12
13 Is there a particular incantation? There's a number of packages and therefore
14 I would rather not have to manually modify umpteen ebuilds a number of times
15 to do this (which is what I recall I had to do with a wireless driver ebuild
16 in the past).
17
18 I tried:
19
20 ESVN_OPTIONS="-r64511" emerge <blah-blah> but it did not work.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick