From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Selecting a particular svn version to emerge on 9999 ebuilds
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:39:38
1 On Tuesday 01 Nov 2011 08:43:25 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am trying to troubleshoot e17 which on one laptop recently started
5 > shutting down the monitor backlight when the WM starts. I can't recover
6 > from it, Ctrl+Alt+F1 is also showing a black screen, stopping X does not
7 > fix it and the only solution is to shutdown again. Thankfully I use
8 > startx so I can always boot back into a console. <phew!>
9 >
10 > I want to find out which version this started happening from, but with
11 > portage 9999 ebuilds I am not sure how to specify which version I want all
12 > the e17 packages to download and install from svn.
13 >
14 > Is there a particular incantation? There's a number of packages and
15 > therefore I would rather not have to manually modify umpteen ebuilds a
16 > number of times to do this (which is what I recall I had to do with a
17 > wireless driver ebuild in the past).
18 >
19 > I tried:
20 >
21 > ESVN_OPTIONS="-r64511" emerge <blah-blah> but it did not work.
22
23 Ah! I seem to have the syntax wrong ...
24
25 Next thing to try: ESVN_REVISION="64511" emerge <blah-blah>
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick