From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] updates
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:10:01
1 Holly~
2 Thanks for the reply. I found the package on portage, but couldn't locate
3 any docs for how to use it... I'm googling for it atm, but if you can point
4 me towards any docs on this I'd really appreciate it. I've been waiting for
5 something like this for a while.
6
7 Regards,
8
9 JD
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Holly Bostick [mailto:motub@××××××.nl]
14 Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:52 PM
15 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updates
17
18 John Dangler schreef:
19 > I'm trying to get a definitive answer to this - when I want to install a
20 new
21 > kernel, I know that there are certain packages that will not come back,
22 and
23 > need to be re-emerged on the new kernel. Is there a way to setup a list
24 of
25 > these based on what I have installed on my current Gentoo kernel to make
26 > emerge world easier?
27 >
28 > Thanks for the input.
29 >
30 > JD
33 There is, in fact, now a tool to do this;
34
35 eix module-rebuild
36 * sys-kernel/module-rebuild
37 Available versions: 0.1 0.5