From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] updates
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:40:16
1 John Dangler schreef:
2 >
3 >> John Dangler schreef:
4 > Holly Bostick schreef:
5 >
6 >> I'm trying to get a definitive answer to this - when I want to
7 >> install a new kernel, I know that there are certain packages that
8 >> will not come back, Is there a way to setup a list of these based
9 >> on what I have installed on my current Gentoo kernel to make emerge
10 >> world easier?
11 >
12 > There is, in fact, now a tool to do this;
13 >
14 > eix module-rebuild * sys-kernel/module-rebuild Available versions:
15 > 0.1 0.5 Installed: 0.5 Homepage:
16 > http://www.gentoo.org/ Description: A utility to rebuild any
17 > kernel modules which you have installed.
18 >
19 > Thanks for the reply. I found the package on portage, but couldn't
20 > locate any docs for how to use it... I'm googling for it atm, but if
21 > you can point me towards any docs on this I'd really appreciate it.
22 > I've been waiting for something like this for a while.
23 >
24 module-rebuild --help
25 /usr/sbin/module-rebuild: illegal option -- -
26
27 Oh, apparently --help is not enabled; but if you run it either with no
28 options or an 'illegal' option, you get the 'proper usage help', as is
29 standard for most Linux command-line probrams.
30
31 module-rebuild [options] action [category/package]
32 Version: 0.5
33
34 Where options are:
35 -X - Emerge based on package names,
36 not exact versions.
37 -C - Disable all coloured output.
38
39 Where action is one of:
40 add - Add package to moduledb.
41 del - Delete a package from moduledb.
42 toggle - Toggle auto-rebuild of Package.
43 list - List packages to auto-rebuild.
44 rebuild - Rebuild packages.
45 populate - Populate the database with any
46 packages which currently install
47 drivers into the running kernel.
50 Do you need more than that? It's a pretty simple module atm.
51
52 Holly
53 --
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list