From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][SOLVED] Nepomuk can't find database backend
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:21:24
1 Jim Cunning wrote:
2 > On Friday 16 April 2010 12:42:44 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 >> So if I'm clear about this, you have a stable AMD64 system with ~AMD64 KDE?
6 >>
7 >> If you upgraded from KDE 4.3 did you try deleting all the old KDE
8 >> configuration stuff and starting new? I've not had your problems with
9 >> nepomuk but I run either AMD64 with just a couple of ~AMD64 packages,
10 >> or full ~AMD64. I haven't seen this problem on either system. However
11 >> I do run ~AMD64 portage, sandbox, gentoolkit, eix and a few other
12 >> installation things on all my systems so possibly that's part of it.
13 >>
14 >> Good luck,
15 >> Mark
16 >>
17 > I had upgraded from KDE 4.3, but it turns out there was some old 3.5 stuff
18 > still around, too. I deleted the .kde/share/config/nepomukrc file and logged
19 > out and back in, and the error no longer appeared.
20 >
21 > Thanks for the suggestion.
24 It may be a good idea to do that with some other stuff too. I renamed
25 .kde, logged in and back out, then went back and copied over things that
26 I needed. Things like kopete chat history and contacts etc. I don't
27 use Kmail here. Things did work a lot better after I did that. If this
28 one thing is the only problem you run into, you have better luck than me.
29
30 Dale
31