From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user][SOLVED] Nepomuk can't find database backend
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 04:35:48
1 On Friday 16 April 2010 12:42:44 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 [...]
3 >
4 > So if I'm clear about this, you have a stable AMD64 system with ~AMD64 KDE?
5 >
6 > If you upgraded from KDE 4.3 did you try deleting all the old KDE
7 > configuration stuff and starting new? I've not had your problems with
8 > nepomuk but I run either AMD64 with just a couple of ~AMD64 packages,
9 > or full ~AMD64. I haven't seen this problem on either system. However
10 > I do run ~AMD64 portage, sandbox, gentoolkit, eix and a few other
11 > installation things on all my systems so possibly that's part of it.
12 >
13 > Good luck,
14 > Mark
15
16 I had upgraded from KDE 4.3, but it turns out there was some old 3.5 stuff
17 still around, too. I deleted the .kde/share/config/nepomukrc file and logged
18 out and back in, and the error no longer appeared.
19
20 Thanks for the suggestion.
21 --
22 Jim