From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 03:26:27
1 On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I posted a similar e-mail a couple of weeks ago and got no response. I wish
5 > not to spam the mailing list, only for maybe a better luck this time.
6 > My CD ROM drive had stopped playing audio CD's. It still works fine, data
7 > CD's work alright and various programs manage to gather useful information
8 > about the audio CD's tracks, but I hear nothing. I checked all controls in
9 > alsamixer to be unmuted and at reasonable volume, but it's not it. I can't
10 > rip the CD's neither. Any ideas what might be wrong?
13 This may not help, but I haven't used the analog or digital cable from the
14 cdrom to the soundcard to play audio cds in over 5 years; every software
15 player I've ever used just read the audio data directly from the cdrom.
18 - Mark Shields