From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about portage capabilities
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:19:22
1 I would like to thank everyone who responded for taking the time and
2 explaining ways how my goal can be accomplished.
3
4 I did look into how a patch may be written, but basically, in my case,
5 I just needed to tweak a couple constants in the Rasmol source code.
6 I haven't educated myself on how to patch or deal with patches yet,
7 and I'm sort of pressed for time, so I just tweaked the source code
8 and installed the package by performing ebuild steps manually.
9
10 While that may not be a satisfying method in general, my task was very
11 simple, and this did the job quickly. If I had a more massive task,
12 or series of tasks, then I'd certainly look into how to deal with
13 patches and overlays.
14
15 Again, thanks to this wonderful community :-)
16
17 -Denis