From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question about portage capabilities
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:52:00
1 On Sunday 19 April 2009 03:33:18 Denis wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I am using a package called Rasmol, which is used for visualization of
5 > molecular structures. This software uses a certain table for atomic
6 > sizes, and I need to change some values in that table - it is stored
7 > in a header file within Rasmol source code. There is an ebuild for
8 > Rasmol, and it works fine - but what I'm wondering is how I can tell
9 > portage to STOP once it unpacks Rasmol in the temporary work directory
10 > - so I can tweak some things in the source code - and then resume the
11 > build, using what's already in the work directory. Looking at a
12 > manpage for emerge, I didn't immediately get any creative ideas, but
13 > might someone offer some advice for how to accomplish this?
14
15 Doing this manually is a pain. Copy the ebuild to your personal overlay and
16 modify it to do what you want.
17
18 Full detials are in man 5 ebuild, including a full list of all functions
19 available to you and the various stages with hooks that portage provides.
20
21 You will be wanting to perform a sed in src_prepare, methinks.
22 Or manipulate ECONF in src_compile if the package provides a way to adjust the
23 values you are interested in.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com