From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Scary Paritioning - Need Help
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:41:16
1 On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:18:41 -0500, Joe Menola wrote:
2
3 > I'd suggest resizing sda3 to your desired swap partition size then
4 > formatting it as swap. And then resizing sda4 to grab what space is
5 > left over. Then your Suse partition will remain sda4.
6
7 The problem here is that the standard filesystem resizing tools assume
8 that the end of the partition has changed. not the start. If there's
9 enough space, I'd suggest creating a new sda2, copying the contents of
10 sda4 to it (preferably with rsync) and setting the bootloader and fstab
11 to use sda2 instead of sda4. Then he can delete sda3/4, create a new swap
12 partition at the end of the drive and resize sda2 to whatever size he
13 wants.
14
15 Alternatively, just put /home onto sda2, it all depends on the size the
16 the partitions and their contents.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Too many clicks spoil the browse.