From: jcd <jcd@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:19:48
1 Hi.
2 I converted my system to UNICODE with assistance
3 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Make_your_system_use_unicode/utf-8. I
4 re-encoded several files and several filenames. But my man-pages are
5 still displayed with bad characters ('á' is 'á') in console even in X
6 terminal emulator. I unmerged package (with local man pages
7 'app-i18n/man-pages-cs'), deleted distfile and again merged but it
8 remained same. So I had uncompressed one local man page and looked into
9 raw text and there it is all right. I tried to changed line in
10 /etc/make.conf:
11 Code:
12 NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tascii -c -mandoc
15 Code:
16 NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tutf8 -c -mandoc
17
18 and also according to comments to
19 Code:
20 NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc.
21
22 In both cases result was same. Also I have correct fonts for my language
23 and unicode use flag defined.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list