From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:28:45
1 On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM, <mcatudal@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > The maintainers of grub are basically acting like dictators much like
4 > Microsoft. The whole point of using Linux was to have complete control of
5 > the PC. Who those morons think they are to tell me what I should use to boot
6 > Operating systems on my computer?
7
8 The grub developers may or may not be dictators but the reason that
9 they don't want grub2 installed in a pbr is that they don't want to
10 have to waste their time dealing with the bugs that'll come fro doing
11 so.
12
13 The whole point of using Linux is to be using FOSS not that you
14 necessarily have complete control. There are fewer restriction in
15 Gentoo than in binary distros but you can't do anything, or people
16 wouldn't be posting their emerge output on a regular basis because of
17 this or that blocker.