From: mcatudal@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:50:28
1 ----- Mail original -----
2
3 >It's not a bug, and it won't be "fixed". Installing on a partition is
4 >simply not supported.
5
6 When a needed functionality is no longer working it is a bug. To have grub installing itself on the MBR when the users doesn't it to is unacceptable because it wipes out the part that loads the bootloader so booting to other operating systems (OS/2, PC Dos, Ecomstation, etc) is no longer possible with a nice bootloader, we are then stuck with grub which is a pain in the ass to setup.
7
8 I want to use grub only for the current Linux that I boot on.
9
10 The maintainers of grub are basically acting like dictators much like Microsoft. The whole point of using Linux was to have complete control of the PC. Who those morons think they are to tell me what I should use to boot Operating systems on my computer?
11
12 Michel