From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 03:33:48
1 Bruce Hill wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 04:40:52PM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >> Well, this is interesting. I swapped out the mobo. First, it has the
4 >> UEFI BIOS thing. That was interesting for sure. I'm not complaining
5 >> but not used to it and wasn't expecting it either. Second, it works
6 >> except for the third part. Third thing is, no mouse worky. It works in
7 >> the BIOS but not in the OS. I have gpm set to start and it doesn't work
8 >> in a console or a GUI. I tried everything I can think of, no mouse. I
9 >> had to swap again. I'm back to my old mobo. Here is the kicker. I
10 >> plugged the USB mouse into the old mobo, it works just fine. It works
11 >> in KDE, console etc. It just works. The only kernel change I made was
12 >> for the chipset on the mobo. I left the USB stuff alone.
13 >>
14 >> Instead of me posting a lot of worthless stuff, what do y'all need me to
15 >> post? Keep in mind, I'm on my old mobo and it works on here. I got the
16 >> kernel config tho. It's a start, I hope? I followed this wiki howto.
17 >>
18 >> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USB/HOWTO
19 >>
20 >> Thoughts? What do you need to figure this out?
21 >>
22 >> Dale
23 > Obliviously something simple, but why don't you throw your BB gun in the truck
24 > and come over so we can sight in the .44 magnum?
25 >
26 > Put all the stuff on the new mobo, boot with SystemRescueCD, see that the
27 > mouse works, take 2 aspirins, and let's go from there.
28
29 That was my plan B, Sysrescue. It wouldn't boot either. It gets to the
30 point where it is trying to find the USB stick, then errors out because
31 it can't find it which is odd since it is plugged into a USB port and
32 the mousey don't work from there either. Thing is, it works just fine
33 with the old mobo. I actually tested it, mounted some stuff and
34 everything. Works fine on old mobo, errors out on the new one. I also
35 switched back to the legacy and desabled the UEFI stuff. It still
36 didn't work. It does try to boot from it tho so it does see the USB
37 stick at first. It just can't see it later on. Hmmmm.
38
39 Dale
40
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!