From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shell echo missing after ctrl+c
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:46:10
1 On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:37:50 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > > I'm using plasma and I don't have any problem with CTRL-C. Well,
4 > > > unless I'm interrupting something so deeply nested in the call
5 > > > stack that there's no way back out all the way to the command line,
6 > > > as happens sometimes when emerging -j <many>. Then I have to kill
7 > > > Konsole and start it again.
8 > >
9 > > kill -9 works for me in that situation.
10 >
11 > Yes, that's what I meant. Sometimes I can pick out the process holding
12 > things up, other times I can't reliably and kill the konsole containing
13 > it, preferring not to resort to guesswork with such a sharp knife. :8
14
15 pgrep --full --list-full emerge
16
17 works for emerge processes. So far, I haven't killed the wrong process...
18 so far.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Theory is when you know everything, but nothing works.
25 Reality is when everything works, but you don't know why.
26 However, usually theory and reality are mixed together :
27 Nothing works, and nobody knows why not.