From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shell echo missing after ctrl+c
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:38:01
1 On Sunday 19 Mar 2017 16:23:34 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 14:50:14 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I'm using plasma and I don't have any problem with CTRL-C. Well, unless
4 > > I'm interrupting something so deeply nested in the call stack that
5 > > there's no way back out all the way to the command line, as happens
6 > > sometimes when emerging -j <many>. Then I have to kill Konsole and
7 > > start it again.
8 >
9 > kill -9 works for me in that situation.
10
11 Yes, that's what I meant. Sometimes I can pick out the process holding
12 things up, other times I can't reliably and kill the konsole containing it,
13 preferring not to resort to guesswork with such a sharp knife. :8
14
15 > I also don't see the behaviour described by the others.
18 Regards
19 Peter