From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: What is up with the new "domainname" situation?
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:10:02
1 On Tuesday 19 September 2006 13:51, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > Have you set the dns_domain in conf.d/net?
4 >
5 > I have tried this and it does NOT work.
6
7 Yes, I have made several attempts to set it up in the /etc/conf.d/net, inc.:
8
9 dns_domain="STUDY"
10 dns_domain_lo="STUDY"
11 dns_domainname="STUDY"
12 dns_domain_name="STUDY"
13 domain_name="STUDY"
14 domainname="STUDY"
15
16 as well as:
17
18 nis_domain="STUDY"
19 nis_domain_lo="STUDY"
20 nis_domain_name . . .
21 . . . etc
22
23 and then probably some other expletives that currently elude me. :p
24
25 > >> I'm afraid it gives nothing!
26 > >
27 > > It sounds like dns_domain is not set.
28 >
29 > Considering that I have tried it ... I know it not to work, so I have
30 > little doubt that he tried it himself. This isn't hard to reproduce
31 > guys ....
32 >
33 > Tom
34
35 I seem to be at a loss as to how to set it up. Please tell me, should I have
36 a /etc/conf.d/domainname under the current baselayout, or not. Could it be
37 that this is causing confusion in my system?
38 --
39 Regards,
40 Mick