From: Harald Arnesen <harald@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SPAM] - [gentoo-user] Getting BC not to truncate at the decimal point? - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:57:18
1 "Mike Huber" <michael.huber@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I'm just trying to do some quick calculations using bc, but the version
5 > installed through portage truncates on multiplication/division. It didn't
6 > used to do this 2 years ago when I was taking number theory, and there are
7 > no USE flags available for sys-devel/bc to change this. From the manpage:
8
9 $ bc
10 bc 1.06
11 Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
12 This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
13 For details type `warranty'.
14 101/3
15 33
16
17 $ bc -l
18 bc 1.06
19 Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
20 This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
21 For details type `warranty'.
22 101/3
23 33.66666666666666666666
24 --