From: gary worley <garyworley@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Quick question: Bootdevice nameing...
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:13:34
7 Hi
I keep getting a load of messages daily from this gentoo group. I must have pressed something anyway do you know how I can stop getting all these messages.
Cheers
Gary

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity. On 06/04/2020, 15:09 Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 On 4/5/20 11:21 PM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
10
> Hi,

> Currentlu my newly created system is installed on a harrdisk, which
13
> sit in a docking station connect via USB to my PC.

> The system is intended to be complete in the sense, that can
16
> boot bu itsself without accessing any other storage device.

> What is the most common behaviour here:
19
> If I change to boot sequence in the BIOS to boot the
20
> harddisk from the docking station...will it become /dev/sda ?

> Fstab depends on this...

It's not supposed to, but in my direct experience, it can rearrange the
26
naming of the boot devices.
I had to use PARTUUID in fstab/grub.cfg to get around this problem.
Dan