From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB Flash Drives automatic mounting breakage (Gnome)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:32:47
1 Thank you for taking the trouble to answer.
2
3 On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > All I can say (I don't use Gnome and Nautilus to be more helpful with the
8 > specifics) is that there is a difference between mounting a device via hal
9 > and
10 > mounting it manually. I recall that you can't mix the two - when I tried
11 > it
12 > on my machine (using Konqueror) it wouldn't work. I think hal complained,
13 > but
14 > can't recall off hand.
17 It seems to me that it is possible to unmount the drives manually, many
18 times, if not always, if it is impossible to unmount them via nautilus.
19 Other File Managers work differently, I think Thunar may be more
20 straightforward, not sure, though. Maybe this will all pass soon enough,
21 but for now, on one of my machines, especially, I have to reboot
22 frequently. If it's hal that is at work, then perhaps I can restart that?
23 But when I did something similar, the window manager, at least, restarted.
24
25 Thanks again,
26
27 Alan