From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tmux vs. screen
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:34:50
1 These days tmux seems somewhat more actively developed, this might be
2 a subjective appreciation, though. But at least the tmux mailing list
3 seems more active. I am subscribed to both of them.
4
5 The feature that made me switch from screen to tmux back in the days
6 was vertical splitting, which just worked and worked well (not at
7 turtle pace, not blowing my cpu like in screen). It happens that
8 nowadays I no longer use that feature, but I kept tmux because I find
9 it simpler to handle, because it's lighter in my RAM, and because a
10 few problems with screen (besides splitting) that I no longer
11 remember. I switched long ago.
12
13 I have no idea if my concerns about screen still hold true. Not do I
14 care, since for now I have no need to change back.
17 Jesús Guerrero Botella