From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo and proxy variable
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:27:49
1 Mike Williams wrote:
2 > On Monday 25 December 2006 12:24, Daniel Iliev wrote:
3 >
4 >> Where is it most appropriate to set ftp_proxy and http_proxy environment
5 >> variables on Gentoo in order to use a proxy server with wget *when it is
6 >> used by emerge from a cron job*?
7 >>
8 >> I want to make an "emerge --fetchonly" cron job which downloads through
9 >> a squid server. Actually the ftp_proxy variable is important in this
10 >> case because the whole traffic on port 80 is transparently redirected to
11 >> the proxy.
14 > /etc/make.conf
15 > It's sourced as a bash script.
19 Thanks a lot!
20
21 That will do the job for emerge. What if I want to schedule some other
22 downloading with cron?
25 Best regards,
26 Daniel
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list