From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] gentoo and proxy variable
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:07:44
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Mike Williams wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Monday 25 December 2006 12:24, Daniel Iliev wrote:
7 >>> Where is it most appropriate to set ftp_proxy and http_proxy environment
8 >>> variables on Gentoo in order to use a proxy server with wget *when it is
9 >>> used by emerge from a cron job*?
10 >>>
11 >>> I want to make an "emerge --fetchonly" cron job which downloads through
12 >>> a squid server. Actually the ftp_proxy variable is important in this
13 >>> case because the whole traffic on port 80 is transparently redirected to
14 >>> the proxy.
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >> /etc/make.conf
18 >> It's sourced as a bash script.
23 > Thanks a lot!
24 >
25 > That will do the job for emerge. What if I want to schedule some other
26 > downloading with cron?
31 grep -in proxy /etc/make.conf.example
32 144:# If you need to set a proxy for wget or lukemftp, add the
33 appropriate "export
34 145:# ftp_proxy=<proxy>" and "export http_proxy=<proxy>" lines to
35 /etc/profile if
38 So it appears "/etc/profile" is the appropriate file.
41 Best regards,
42 Daniel
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list