From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 00:24:09
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:49:50 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 >>> And now finally we have Zac, a brave man who has taken on the
5 >>> thankless task of sorting the mess out. Most of his deep changes over
6 >>> the past two years or so are to make things consistent within the
7 >>> overall grand plan.
8 >>>
9 >>> Stuff breaks badly when you do that. But it has to be done. Today it's
10 >>> your turn to be on the sharp end.
11 >> I'm fine with suffering a little for the greater good, but is the new
12 >> behavior better in any tangible way?
13 > It is reasonable to assume that the answer to that question is "yes". Any
14 > other answer raises the question "why did Zac spend so much effort
15 > recoding portage just to piss off the odd user?".
20 I always knew I was "odd". Looks like I have some company tho. Welcome
21 to the "odd user" group Michael.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
29
30 Miss the compile output? Hint:
31 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"