From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 00:08:31
1 On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:49:50 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2
3 > > And now finally we have Zac, a brave man who has taken on the
4 > > thankless task of sorting the mess out. Most of his deep changes over
5 > > the past two years or so are to make things consistent within the
6 > > overall grand plan.
7 > >
8 > > Stuff breaks badly when you do that. But it has to be done. Today it's
9 > > your turn to be on the sharp end.
10 >
11 > I'm fine with suffering a little for the greater good, but is the new
12 > behavior better in any tangible way?
13
14 It is reasonable to assume that the answer to that question is "yes". Any
15 other answer raises the question "why did Zac spend so much effort
16 recoding portage just to piss off the odd user?".
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Linux users do it without paying a Bill