From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:08:45
1 Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
2 > On Friday 15 August 2008 12:49:26 b.n. wrote:
3 >> Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
4 >
5 >> This is the second thread in a few days that reports problems with
6 >> nVidia cards.
7 >>
8 >> Owning a 3rd generation Macbook Pro (nVidia Geforce 8600M GT) with
9 >> Gentoo on, I'm a bit worried. I never noticed significant problems on
10 >> that machine, but I would like to be aware of what's going on.
11 >>
12 >> Is there some link explaining what problems there are with such nVidia
13 >> cards?
14 >>
15 >> m.
16 >
17 > Here you go, all 26 pages of it:
18 >
19 > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115916
20 >
21 > Then there's also the issue of the GPU silicon failing in shocking numbers.
22 > More details on The Register and Slashdot. Apparently ALL 8 and 9 series GPUs
23 > are affected and it's hitting ALL vendors. It's related to the manufacture of
24 > those chips and they are failing in alarming numbers under thermal load.
25 >
26 > It's sad actually. This has a very high potential to sink nVidia completely.
27
28 Oh s**t. Thank you. Go figure I bought that MBP last year also because
29 of its nVidia card...
30
31 :(
32