From: pat <pat@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox networking [CONTINUE]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:03:09
1 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 14:25, pat <pat@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I'm trying to setup virtualbox networking. I went through the tutorial at
6 >> gentoo wiki, but I have troubles ... obvious :-(
7 >>
8 >> In the howto there's called /sbin/ip, but I have no idea in which package
9 >> this program rise ;-)
10 >>
11 >> What I need is the bidirectional communication between host and guest.
12 >
13 > When you say tutorial, do you mean
14 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO:_VirtualBox ? That's what Norberto seems
15 > to have used.
16 >
17 > You should definitely look into dnsmasq as well. It allows all my
18 > boxes to see all other boxes (including VirtualBoxes). (I added a
19 > little script that updates /etc/hosts on my server.)
23 Or my be another question :-) I need to run more then one guest OS, so I expect
24 I need to create next bridge, but how?
25
26 I've try something like this (/etc/conf.d/net):
27 config_eth0=( "null" )
28 tuntap_vbox0="tap"
29 tuntap_vbox1="tap"
30 config_vbox0=( "null")
31 config_vbox1=( "null")
32 config_br0=( "dhcp" )
33 config_br1=( "dhcp" )
34 bridge_br0="eth0 vbox0"
35 bridge_br1="eth0 vbox1"
36 depend_br0()
37 {
38 need net.eth0
39 need net.vbox0
40 }
41 depend_br1()
42 {
43 need net.eth0
44 need net.vbox1
45 }
46 brctl_br0=( "setfd 0")
47 brctl_br1=( "setfd 0")
48
49 And create corresponding links in the /etc/init.d directory.
50 ln -s ./net.lo ./net.vbox1
51 ln -s ./net.lo ./net.br1
52
53 And trying to start net.br1 giving me this error:
54 device eth0 is already a member of a bridge; can't enslave it to bridge
55
56 Again I'm wrong. How to enable more then one bridge? I want all guests to see
57 each other and see the host too and host has to see all guests.
58
59 Thanks
60
61 Pat