From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems emerging stuff..
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:39:50
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 04:59 pm, karlos wrote:
2 > Hi,
3
4 Hi Karstin, welcome to Gentoo!
5
6 > I am really bad in setting up internet/networks and that sort of thing, and
7 > I am having problems connecting to any of the ftp-servers for updating
8 > gentoo.
9
10 Helping to diagnose your problem would be a lot easier if you could specify
11 the errors that you're encountering. At this point we could only guess about
12 firewall issues, timeout issues, connectivity issues, settings, etc.
13
14 Without a clearer indication (i.e. a screen dump of the failure), any advice
15 you'd garnish here would be merely a guess.
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list