From: karlos <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems emerging stuff..
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:10:57
1 Hi,
2
3 I am really bad in setting up internet/networks and that sort of thing, and
4 I am having problems connecting to any of the ftp-servers for updating
5 gentoo.
6 What do you think the problem could be the problem, when it is possible to
7 sync portage, yet not possible to emerge anything.
8 Also, stuff like xchat or the p2p software does not work at all.
9 I tried to set up the modem/router properly (but in my case that does not
10 mean much :) ) trying out different settings with port forwarding and access
11 controls, yet no joy..
12 I dunno really where to turn to, maybe one of you out there can give a hint?
13 I have had problems once, related to dns but I don't know if that could be
14 the problem. the other, website-base stuff works fine (just the sites).
15 thanks,
16
17 Karstn